The Volkswagen Golf 2, also known as Golf II, was produced from 1983 to 1992 and is one of the most popular Volkswagen models of all time. The Golf 2 was the successor to the legendary Golf 1 and was equipped with numerous technical innovations and improvements. In this article we give you a comprehensive overview of the different Volkswagen Golf 2 models and engines.
Volkswagen Golf 2 models
The Golf 2 was offered in various models including:
- Base Model: This was the lowest priced model, equipped with a 1.3 liter engine and 60 horsepower.
- C model: This model was designed specifically for the German market and had a higher level of equipment than the basic model.
- CL model: The CL model was equipped with better equipment and a 1.6 liter engine with 75 hp.
- GTI model: The GTI was the sporty top model of the Golf 2 and was delivered with a 1.8 liter engine with 112 hp.
- Limited model: The Limited model was a special edition of the Golf 2 and was produced in limited numbers.
Volkswagen Golf 2 engines
The Golf 2 was available with a wide range of engines including:
- 1.3-liter engine: The 1.3-liter engine was the standard engine for the base model and produced 60 horsepower.
- 1.6 liter engine: The 1.6 liter engine was the standard engine for the CL model and produced 75 horsepower.
- 1.8-liter engine: The 1.8-liter engine was the standard engine for the GTI and produced 112 horsepower.
- 1.8 liter 16V engine: The 1.8 liter 16V engine was the most powerful engine in the Golf 2 and produced 139 hp.
The Volkswagen Golf 2 was a milestone in the history of the Golf model. Not only was it technically advanced, but it also offered a wide range of models and engines to suit every taste and need. If you own a Golf 2 or are planning to buy one, you should carefully study the different models and engines to find the model that is right for you.
Which Volkswagen Golf 2 models and which engines do you like best? Do you have any other information about the Golf 2 that we didn’t mention in this article? Share your opinion and knowledge with us in the comments!
You can find all parts of the series here